Items by Kathleen Yale
In Luis Alberto Urrea's sequel to The Hummingbird's Daughter, the author continues his imagined story of his legendary Great-aunt Teresita, who was known as the Saint of Cabora.
Daniel Olivas' novel uses magical realism to describe the lives of a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles.
Melanie Rae Thon's short stories, gathered in her collection In This Light, paint a desolate and tender picture of the West.
- Mary C Ray on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Regina Johnson on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Tina Ricks on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Melissa McDowell on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- David J ONeill on California Coastal Commission fires its executive director