Items by KIMBERLY HIRAI
Master leasing plans, or MLPs, are a new tool designed to help the Bureau of Land Management better coordinate energy leasing and development in areas that may need special treatment or protection.
Historian Richard West Sellars didn't intend to spend a career in the Park Service. But after 35 years, his impact still resonates.
The Bureau of Land Management is working with landscape architects and camouflage experts to better disguise renewable energy infrastructure on public lands.
It's unclear who will take over the preserve's management -- but it is clear the current system hasn't worked
Researchers are trying to restore the damaged, acidic soil around abandoned hardrock mines with the help of biochar, a special form of charcoal.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators