Items by Judith Lewis Mernit
Environmentalists saved a wetland from developers a decade ago. Now they’re trying to save it from each other.
While some environmental groups support the water bond on Tuesday's ballot, some call it "mystery meat."
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle