Items by Judith Lewis Mernit
Plain old photovoltaic panels and innovations in energy storage and distributed generation could remake our electricity system.
The closing of a Southern California nuclear plant signals the end of an era — and the start of another
The Alaska Legislature cut the industry’s taxes to boost declining production in the North Slope. But the rollbacks don’t seem likely to have the desired effect.
An unlikely group of activists is championing a new bill to protect the Mojave Desert. But even if it passes, large swaths of once empty land will be developed.
- Jimmy Dean on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Franklin Carroll on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Mark H Miller on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Ann Harvey on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Valerie Heath-Harrison on Rants from the Hill: Hunting for Scorpions