Items by Joshua Zaffos
After attempts to chip away at the law bill by bill, Utah Rep. Rob Bishop says he’d rather scrap the Endangered Species Act altogether.
Some environmental groups and social justice advocates are fighting a proposed emissions tax in Washington. What gives?
Following Oregon occupation and Nevada standoff, a family that refuses to accept the federal government will have its day in court.
A more secure safety net for workers in transition means higher taxes, a tradeoff many Americans oppose.
Concrete used to rebuild bridges on the Front Range appears to be the culprit for the deaths of 5,600 trout and other fish.
A new approach to bison conservation focuses on many small herds on a patchwork of public and private land.
The national park system does more than celebrate beauty. It also commemorates the ugliest parts of our past.
District judge rules ESA has no say over species that don't have multi-state presence or economic impact.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists