Items by Jonathan Thompson
Documenting recreation on Instagram, Strava and YouTube is changing the way we experience the outdoors.
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog