Items by Jonathan Thompson
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
The national park system does more than celebrate beauty. It also commemorates the ugliest parts of our past.
California’s Aliso Canyon is a reminder that methane emissions are widespread, poorly regulated — and ongoing.
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Patricia Clabaugh on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?