Items by Jonathan Thompson
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
HCN’ers get into the backcountry, editor Betsy Marston sees Berlin and art director Cindy Wehling takes a trip to Hawaii.
U.S. population has grown by 105 million people since 1970, yet we somehow shrank our water footprint.
Western grid operators can now buy backup power on a real-time, open market to smooth intermittent renewables.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day