Items by John McCarthy
Logging the few large trees still remaining in Western forests will not salvage the timber industry, help local towns or prevent future wildfires
Idaho Conservation League conservation director John McCarthy, in his own words, expresses some reservations about the grizzly plan.
Members of a revived council want to run the Forest Service out and bring in the National Park Service to administer a Hells Canyon National Park and Preserve.
Backcountry workers have long been dissatisfied by the fact that they are on the ground, doing the actual work and dealing with the public, while their status and job security within the Forest Service is low to non-existent.
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- E D Coleman on Sagebrush Insurgency connections
- Mark Rozman on Did Colorado leave residents of the Raton Basin with bad water?
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords