Items by John Clayton
Small towns and Facebook have a lot in common: Both are communities that thrive on gossip and sometimes display old-fashioned neighborliness.
John Clayton is flushed with pride over the brand-new state-of-the-art toilet in his newly remodeled house.
Caroline Lockhart, who wrote best-selling Western novels in the 1910s, lived by her own tough code – going so far as to try to hire a hit man to bump off a rustler.
Montana "characters" may be more a creation of newcomers who feed on and then in turn feed our Western myths than a real reflection of Montana’s character and past
John Clayton says Memorial Day in his small town is also a Homecoming, as former residents flock back to visit.
Western Runaround, Klunk and HotFlashes give useful information about the West, which can be rather a silly place.
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence