Items by John Clayton
Small towns and Facebook have a lot in common: Both are communities that thrive on gossip and sometimes display old-fashioned neighborliness.
John Clayton is flushed with pride over the brand-new state-of-the-art toilet in his newly remodeled house.
Caroline Lockhart, who wrote best-selling Western novels in the 1910s, lived by her own tough code – going so far as to try to hire a hit man to bump off a rustler.
Montana "characters" may be more a creation of newcomers who feed on and then in turn feed our Western myths than a real reflection of Montana’s character and past
John Clayton says Memorial Day in his small town is also a Homecoming, as former residents flock back to visit.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation