Items by Jodi Peterson
“Returning” lands to states has long been a party plank and a shifting political landscape could open the door.
With the bird’s non-listing under the Endangered Species Act, expect more of the legal crawl that got us here in the first place.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
A live High Country News panel event, readers get ready to vote in our public lands May Madness, and more.
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness