Items by Jodi Peterson and Betsy Marston
Two HCN stories win recent awards; summer visitors come to call; catching up with former intern Lisa McKhann.
The September board meeting raised questions about how big HCN should be; artists and activists visit us.
Ray Ring wins another award; visitors; Lynne Bama’s new book of poetry and photographs, Yellowstone Rising; and Paonia’s Mary Bear Volk celebrates 99 years.
Matt Jenkins leaves the HCN office to become California-Great Basin correspondent; Western Slope Environmental Resource Conference and North Fork River Improvement Association hold annual meetings; visitors; "secretary" Bruce Babbitt
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?