Items by Jodi Peterson
“Returning” lands to states has long been a party plank and a shifting political landscape could open the door.
With the bird’s non-listing under the Endangered Species Act, expect more of the legal crawl that got us here in the first place.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
A live High Country News panel event, readers get ready to vote in our public lands May Madness, and more.
- Harold Johnson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought
- Harold Johnson on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Jim Bolen on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Mark Rozman on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land