Items by Jim Woolf
San Juan County, Utah, officials are removing "road closed" signs from BLM land in the Grand Gulch area, claiming ownership of the roads.
The Army abandons Red Butte Reservoir in Utah, and leaves no one responsible for the dam, its reservoir and the June sucker fish that live in the water.
Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt tries to calm the state's bitter wilderness debate with a camping trip in proposed wilderness area - but no one wants to come.
Bruce Babbitt's announcement of a new BLM inventory of southern Utah wilderness leads to a flurry of illegal road work, since roaded land can't be classified as wilderness.
A look at history shows a cycle in the rise and fall of Western wise-use movements and sagebrush rebellions.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists