Items by Jim Spehar
A longtime local remembers the havoc caused by Exxon’s failed attempt at oil shale production in western Colorado.
Jim Spehar says proposed new regulations won’t harm western Colorado’s oil and gas industry and may do a lot to help the rest of the region’s economy survive the current boom.
As western Colorado begins to dance to the tune of a brand-new energy boom, it’s good to remember that the last one ended in a total bust
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town