Items by Jim Spehar
A longtime local remembers the havoc caused by Exxon’s failed attempt at oil shale production in western Colorado.
Jim Spehar says proposed new regulations won’t harm western Colorado’s oil and gas industry and may do a lot to help the rest of the region’s economy survive the current boom.
As western Colorado begins to dance to the tune of a brand-new energy boom, it’s good to remember that the last one ended in a total bust
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition