Items by Jim Spehar
A longtime local remembers the havoc caused by Exxon’s failed attempt at oil shale production in western Colorado.
Jim Spehar says proposed new regulations won’t harm western Colorado’s oil and gas industry and may do a lot to help the rest of the region’s economy survive the current boom.
As western Colorado begins to dance to the tune of a brand-new energy boom, it’s good to remember that the last one ended in a total bust
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought