Items by Jim Downing
Mike Delamore of the Bureau of Reclamation is trying to solve what seems an impossible problem: draining the salt building up on California's farmland while protecting water quality in the San Francisco Bay Delta.
The Forest Service has received more than 200 appeals of the Sierra Nevada Framework, but instead of coming from environmental groups, as usual, most come from people in small towns like Tulare and Visalia, California.
Forest Service fire specialist Berni Bahro talks about fuels management in the forest under the new Sierra Nevada Framework.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point