Items by Jim Downing
Mike Delamore of the Bureau of Reclamation is trying to solve what seems an impossible problem: draining the salt building up on California's farmland while protecting water quality in the San Francisco Bay Delta.
The Forest Service has received more than 200 appeals of the Sierra Nevada Framework, but instead of coming from environmental groups, as usual, most come from people in small towns like Tulare and Visalia, California.
Forest Service fire specialist Berni Bahro talks about fuels management in the forest under the new Sierra Nevada Framework.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust