Items by Jeremy Miller
Nearly a year after San Jose shut down the Bay Area’s biggest homeless encampment, hundreds still live along city creeks. What went wrong?
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
North Dakota and Texas fields could be at a fraction of current productivity by 2040, says a new report.
As production from unconventional reserves ramps up, students are flooding into university and technical programs supporting oil and gas development.
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution