Items by Jenny Shank
Review of ‘Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream’ by Joshua Davis.
In "Spectacle," a collection of short stories, Susan Steinberg explores power and gender in relationships
The debut novel from Eowyn Ivey, now in paperback, describes a homesteading couple in Alaska who adopt a mysterious girl living in the woods.
In William J. Cobb’s lyrical novel The Bird Saviors, a mysterious virus strikes the residents of Pueblo, Colo.
A black girl growing up in ‘70s L.A. must learn to navigate between two worlds, in Dana Johnson's new book.
New authors Tupelo Hassman, Ben Rogers, and Claire Vaye Watkins discuss how Nevada inspired their fiction and the themes of their work.
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Fred Swanson on Is tech ruining the wilderness?
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson