Items by Jen Jackson
Utah considers building a nuclear power plant despite the fact that it's still cleaning up the mess left over from the last uranium boom.
The road rage over federal attempts to manage motorized access to public land is disproportionate and completely distracting.
In many Western tourist towns, locals can't afford to buy houses, even as trailers and other affordable dwellings are evicted or banned outright.
Is the restoration of Mexican wolves to the American Southwest worth the price the animals are paying in suffering and blood?
Uranium mining hasn't caused any massive cave-ins or oil spills, but it has resulted in a huge death toll all the same.
The budget crunch faced by schools in Grand County, Utah, poses a terrible threat to the region's young people.
Retired BLM agent Lynell Schalk goes head-to-head with her former bosses over protecting southern Utah’s priceless archaeological sites from off-road vehicle traffic.
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Patricia Clabaugh on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jason Brustad on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness