Items by Jeff Schmerker
Tooele County can't stop the temporary storage of spent nuclear fuel rods on land owned by the Skull Valley Band of Goshute Indians.
The federal Fish and Game Service has been working successfully with Utah state agencies to restore the least chub without ever having it listed under the Endangered Species Act.
A dam on the Diamond Fork River goes down, but the Central Utah Project still lives, with a plan to pump reservoir water to farmers, although not to Salt Lake City.
A sign in Utah's new Jordanelle State Park that explains the damage cattle can cause in riparian areas is taken down when ranchers object.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?