Items by Jeff Schmerker
Tooele County can't stop the temporary storage of spent nuclear fuel rods on land owned by the Skull Valley Band of Goshute Indians.
The federal Fish and Game Service has been working successfully with Utah state agencies to restore the least chub without ever having it listed under the Endangered Species Act.
A dam on the Diamond Fork River goes down, but the Central Utah Project still lives, with a plan to pump reservoir water to farmers, although not to Salt Lake City.
A sign in Utah's new Jordanelle State Park that explains the damage cattle can cause in riparian areas is taken down when ranchers object.
- Bradley Goodman on How can "woofers" stay on the farm?
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses