Items by Jeff Schmerker
Tooele County can't stop the temporary storage of spent nuclear fuel rods on land owned by the Skull Valley Band of Goshute Indians.
The federal Fish and Game Service has been working successfully with Utah state agencies to restore the least chub without ever having it listed under the Endangered Species Act.
A dam on the Diamond Fork River goes down, but the Central Utah Project still lives, with a plan to pump reservoir water to farmers, although not to Salt Lake City.
A sign in Utah's new Jordanelle State Park that explains the damage cattle can cause in riparian areas is taken down when ranchers object.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation