Items by Jared Blackley
Terry Tempest Williams celebrates Rwanda, mosaics and Utah prairie dogs in her new book, Finding Beauty in a Broken World.
In Riding Toward Everywhere, William T. Vollman describes his adventures rambling by freight train across the West.
Michael Blake’s new nonfiction book, Indian Yell, fails to live up to its ambitious subtitle, “The Heart of an American Insurgency,” with its quick tour of 12 battles between the U.S. Cavalry and American Indians.
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress
- qqq uiop on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?