Items by Janis Marston
The last whooping crane west of the Mississippi is dead, and the skies of the West are poorer for the loss
Working under a special-use cutting permit from the Forest Service, Ed LaRose is harvesting alligator juniper to produce smoke-wood chips and a high profit.
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive