Items by Janis Marston
The last whooping crane west of the Mississippi is dead, and the skies of the West are poorer for the loss
Working under a special-use cutting permit from the Forest Service, Ed LaRose is harvesting alligator juniper to produce smoke-wood chips and a high profit.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town