Items by Jane Koerner
After a fallen boulder pins her leg to the ground, a hiker learns the hard way how important it is to hike with friends, or at least to leave notes about where you are going.
When you're out of work and homeless, it's inspiring to remember young wanderers like Everett Ruess, even if he never returned from his mysterious sojourn in the canyon country of Utah.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution