Items by James Yearling
Geothermal power heats up in Reno, Nev., as the West begins to pay more attention to its underground energy resources.
Arizona's state fish is about to become the first fish removed from the endangered species list as a result of successful recovery.
The Bureau of Land Management pulls parcels from a Utah lease sale -- but the action may not mean what conservationists think it does.
This fall, Colorado's iconic aspen are more brown than golden -- the trees are succumbing to a mysterious die-off.
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution