Items by James Mills
Aaron Mair hopes to shift the club’s mission toward policies that better include the needs and values of minorities.
Minorities, millennials and urbanites are less likely to visit national parks than upwardly mobile, white baby-boomers.
The National Outdoor Leadership School hopes to raise awareness by sending an African-American team to summit Denali
A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
One man's quest to understand why people of color are underrepresented in outdoor recreation and the conservation movement.
- Mark Rozman on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion