Items by James Mills
Aaron Mair hopes to shift the club’s mission toward policies that better include the needs and values of minorities.
Minorities, millennials and urbanites are less likely to visit national parks than upwardly mobile, white baby-boomers.
The National Outdoor Leadership School hopes to raise awareness by sending an African-American team to summit Denali
A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
One man's quest to understand why people of color are underrepresented in outdoor recreation and the conservation movement.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands