Items by James Mills
Aaron Mair hopes to shift the club’s mission toward policies that better include the needs and values of minorities.
Minorities, millennials and urbanites are less likely to visit national parks than upwardly mobile, white baby-boomers.
The National Outdoor Leadership School hopes to raise awareness by sending an African-American team to summit Denali
A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
One man's quest to understand why people of color are underrepresented in outdoor recreation and the conservation movement.
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions