Items by JT Thomas
In rural western Colorado, a vet tends to pets and their humans. Michelle Nijhuis reads her essay, along with slides by JT Thomas.
UPDATED: An audio slideshow illustrating the rise of an epidemic amidst an ongoing cultural struggle.
Backcountry seasonal ranger Tony Prendergast has spent much of the past six summers working in western Colorado’s Gunnison National Forest
Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: Seasons of Life and Land, a book of photographs by Subhankar Banerjee, stirs up so much controversy in Washington, D.C., that the Smithsonian relocates an exhibition of the images
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington