Items by J.R. Logan
In an increasingly arid West, snow-making becomes a more important component of a ski area’s operating plan. But they need water to make snow, and getting it isn’t always easy.
- Paul Bratton on It’s time to end Custer worship
- Deb Dedon on A California Hotshot photographs his life fighting wildfires
- Deb Dedon on Rants from the Hill: Watching the desert flood
- Deb Dedon on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on The desert doesn’t need this “City”