Items by Irene Wanner
The newspaper columns collected in Mary Stuever’s The Forester’s Log give an insider’s view of the challenges facing Western forests today.
In the nine essays gathered in her new book, Hiking Alone, poet and artist Mary Beath celebrates nature from the point of view of an independent woman.
The essays in Chad Hanson’s collection Swimming with Trout celebrate the wonder of water and its mysterious inhabitants.
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David W Hamilton on Don’t just save the Grand Canyon. Save the wider region, too.
- David W Hamilton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- David W Hamilton on New Mexico’s baby wolf swap worked. Why won’t state officials get on board?
- David W Hamilton on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone