Items by Irene Wanner
The newspaper columns collected in Mary Stuever’s The Forester’s Log give an insider’s view of the challenges facing Western forests today.
In the nine essays gathered in her new book, Hiking Alone, poet and artist Mary Beath celebrates nature from the point of view of an independent woman.
The essays in Chad Hanson’s collection Swimming with Trout celebrate the wonder of water and its mysterious inhabitants.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans