Items by Irene Wanner
The newspaper columns collected in Mary Stuever’s The Forester’s Log give an insider’s view of the challenges facing Western forests today.
In the nine essays gathered in her new book, Hiking Alone, poet and artist Mary Beath celebrates nature from the point of view of an independent woman.
The essays in Chad Hanson’s collection Swimming with Trout celebrate the wonder of water and its mysterious inhabitants.
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions