Items by High Country News
For an agency that researches non-lethal predator control, they sure kill a lot of critters. HCN writers discuss an agency trying to rethink its role.
Behind a lot of anti-fed sentiment, you’ll find ‘constitutional’ peace officers. Here’s why that’s worrying.
The remaining occupiers and their supporters speak live as FBI closes in on the Malheur wildlife refuge.
Connecting the dots within a vast right-wing network of militia members, state and local politicians, and others.
The Oregon occupation, the 2014 Bundy standoff and many other stories are all related to a long-simmering movement.
From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail