Items by High Country News
Connecting the dots within a vast right-wing network of militia members, state and local politicians, and others.
The Oregon occupation, the 2014 Bundy standoff and many other stories are all related to a long-simmering movement.
From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
Hear a panel of experts discuss whether communities should have more authority over federal lands in their backyards.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked