Items by Hal Rothman
The writer calls Westerners conflicted, since they idealize the region's open spaces yet live mostly in cities
The writer says California’s agricultural elite is holding on to Colorado River water that could better serve the region’s growing cities.
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands