Items by Hal Rothman
The writer calls Westerners conflicted, since they idealize the region's open spaces yet live mostly in cities
The writer says California’s agricultural elite is holding on to Colorado River water that could better serve the region’s growing cities.
- Ingeburg Nagel on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Fred Swanson on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?