Items by Hal Rothman
The writer calls Westerners conflicted, since they idealize the region's open spaces yet live mostly in cities
The writer says California’s agricultural elite is holding on to Colorado River water that could better serve the region’s growing cities.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington