Items by Hal Rothman
The writer calls Westerners conflicted, since they idealize the region's open spaces yet live mostly in cities
The writer says California’s agricultural elite is holding on to Colorado River water that could better serve the region’s growing cities.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day