Items by HCN staff
Today, Indian country is in the midst of a 1990s-style revolution that is likely to have a lasting impact.
When the dust settles a year or so from now, it is likely that the struggle over the proposed Two Forks Dam on the Front Range of Colorado will rank with the fights to stop the damming of the Grand Canyon and to halt the construction of the huge coal-fired power plant once proposed for Utah's Kaiparowitz Plateau.
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road
- Russ McCollum on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires
- James Shepherd on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- John DeVoe on Mapping fish die-offs in warming waters