Items by HCN staff
Today, Indian country is in the midst of a 1990s-style revolution that is likely to have a lasting impact.
When the dust settles a year or so from now, it is likely that the struggle over the proposed Two Forks Dam on the Front Range of Colorado will rank with the fights to stop the damming of the Grand Canyon and to halt the construction of the huge coal-fired power plant once proposed for Utah's Kaiparowitz Plateau.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy