Items by Gordon Gregory
Walker Lake in northwestern Nevada has been dying for years, but locals and government officials are determined to restore it.
After the family home is lost to wildfire, Gordon Gregory faces the pain of having to remember and describe everything he lost.
Gordon Gregory watched the house he’d spent four years building go up in flames, then had to flee a rental home when another fire bore down on him and his family near the smoky town of Paradise.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback