Items by Gina Knudson
Fiery rhetoric and polemic messages keep rural communities from working through their natural resource problems.
Idaho Gov. Butch Otter's stubborn determination to sue the federal government over health care reform is cruel as well as foolish.
Small-town Westerners need to get over the notion that just because they have a grandparent buried nearby they deserve a greater voice in local politics.
The writer says Montana Sen. Conrad Burns may have been guilty of insulting fire fighters, but at least he focused us on fire policy
Fishing is not the reason behind the decline of the Northwest’s salmon; the desire for cheap hydroelectric power is
The writer fears that the fishing ban in coastal waters will make people forget their connection to salmon
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum