Items by Gina Knudson
Fiery rhetoric and polemic messages keep rural communities from working through their natural resource problems.
Idaho Gov. Butch Otter's stubborn determination to sue the federal government over health care reform is cruel as well as foolish.
Small-town Westerners need to get over the notion that just because they have a grandparent buried nearby they deserve a greater voice in local politics.
The writer says Montana Sen. Conrad Burns may have been guilty of insulting fire fighters, but at least he focused us on fire policy
Fishing is not the reason behind the decline of the Northwest’s salmon; the desire for cheap hydroelectric power is
The writer fears that the fishing ban in coastal waters will make people forget their connection to salmon
- william glasgow on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- James Angerer on What the West’s trees tell us
- Rodney B Proffitt on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Tina Sanchez on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Ann Meisel on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West