Items by George Ochenski
Montanans are rebelling against the federal government, angry at the Recreation Enhancement Tax, the Patriot Act, and the loss of their National Guard to Iraq
The writer hails Montana's Legislature as it rebukes the federal government over access fees on public lands and the Patriot Act
Montana State Rep. Ben Cohen, environmentalist, garbageman, actor and outdoorsman, is mourned in Whitefish, Mont.
Michael T. "Mickey" Pablo, the recently deceased leader of Montana's seven Indian nations, is remembered as a fearless warrior in defense of his people, their land and treaty rights.
The Montana Legislature ratifies a water compact with the Crow Indian Tribe that favors consumptive users of the water at the expense of the Bighorn River itself, and of the world-class trout fishery in Bighorn Lake.
- Keith Barefoot on An argument against internet access in parks
- Kate Schimel on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Verne House on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Neill Smith on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- David Bittner on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won