Items by Gabriel Furshong
Remembering the quiet activist who fought hard to preserve Montana's 240,000-acre Scapegoat wilderness
The group Montana Hunters and Anglers Action is wielding its cash to help pro-conservation candidates win elections.
A determined coalition of outfitters, ranchers, farmers, community organizers, business owners and outdoor enthusiasts has been working for years to preserve Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front as it is.
An innovative Montana program brings Native American culture and history into the state's classrooms.
Twenty-year-old Duran “Junior” Caferro wants to be a good father, encourage healthcare reform – and knock down whoever comes up against him in the boxing ring.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?