Items by Gabriel Furshong
Remembering the quiet activist who fought hard to preserve Montana's 240,000-acre Scapegoat wilderness
The group Montana Hunters and Anglers Action is wielding its cash to help pro-conservation candidates win elections.
A determined coalition of outfitters, ranchers, farmers, community organizers, business owners and outdoor enthusiasts has been working for years to preserve Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front as it is.
An innovative Montana program brings Native American culture and history into the state's classrooms.
Twenty-year-old Duran “Junior” Caferro wants to be a good father, encourage healthcare reform – and knock down whoever comes up against him in the boxing ring.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road