Items by Gabriel Furshong
Remembering the quiet activist who fought hard to preserve Montana's 240,000-acre Scapegoat wilderness
The group Montana Hunters and Anglers Action is wielding its cash to help pro-conservation candidates win elections.
A determined coalition of outfitters, ranchers, farmers, community organizers, business owners and outdoor enthusiasts has been working for years to preserve Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front as it is.
An innovative Montana program brings Native American culture and history into the state's classrooms.
Twenty-year-old Duran “Junior” Caferro wants to be a good father, encourage healthcare reform – and knock down whoever comes up against him in the boxing ring.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas