Items by Gabriel Furshong
Remembering the quiet activist who fought hard to preserve Montana's 240,000-acre Scapegoat wilderness
The group Montana Hunters and Anglers Action is wielding its cash to help pro-conservation candidates win elections.
A determined coalition of outfitters, ranchers, farmers, community organizers, business owners and outdoor enthusiasts has been working for years to preserve Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front as it is.
An innovative Montana program brings Native American culture and history into the state's classrooms.
Twenty-year-old Duran “Junior” Caferro wants to be a good father, encourage healthcare reform – and knock down whoever comes up against him in the boxing ring.
- Mark Solomon on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Sarah Tory on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?