Items by Ernie Atencio
In New Mexico, the open and inclusive campaign for a 240,000-acre monument sidestepped the usual controversy drummed up by such designations.
American Rivers offers reward for information on destruction of Quartzite Falls in Salt River Canyon Wilderness.
BLM hydrologist is censured after charging that groundwater pumping could harm the nation's first national conservation area along the San Pedro River.
Former government biologist, Mark Shaffer, proposes the Endangered Species Act be extended to include entire ecosystems called lifelands.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point