Items by Ernie Atencio
In New Mexico, the open and inclusive campaign for a 240,000-acre monument sidestepped the usual controversy drummed up by such designations.
American Rivers offers reward for information on destruction of Quartzite Falls in Salt River Canyon Wilderness.
BLM hydrologist is censured after charging that groundwater pumping could harm the nation's first national conservation area along the San Pedro River.
Former government biologist, Mark Shaffer, proposes the Endangered Species Act be extended to include entire ecosystems called lifelands.
- A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Yosemite’s superintendent retires after discrimination allegations surface
- Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Daniel Mears on In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Larry Hartzke on Socialism and the West
- Hope Woodward on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Charles Yoder on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Keith B. on An argument against internet access in parks