Items by Erik Ryberg
The writer takes an ironic look at the Thunderbolt timber sale in Idaho, and at Boise Cascade's conviction that only logging can save the endangered chinook salmon.
The rescissions bill signed by President Clinton calls for huge amounts of salvage timber to be cut.
The Forest Service proposes changes in the National Forest Management Act which environmentalists worry will weaken an important law.
- Michele Hanson on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Mark Rozman on Why Hetch Hetchy is staying under water
- Mark Rozman on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Paul V. Battaglia on Christina Benton: Nomadic mama with a mission
- Harvey H Reading on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone