Items by Erik Ryberg
The writer takes an ironic look at the Thunderbolt timber sale in Idaho, and at Boise Cascade's conviction that only logging can save the endangered chinook salmon.
The Forest Service proposes changes in the National Forest Management Act which environmentalists worry will weaken an important law.
The rescissions bill signed by President Clinton calls for huge amounts of salvage timber to be cut.
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep