Items by Erik Ryberg
The writer takes an ironic look at the Thunderbolt timber sale in Idaho, and at Boise Cascade's conviction that only logging can save the endangered chinook salmon.
The Forest Service proposes changes in the National Forest Management Act which environmentalists worry will weaken an important law.
The rescissions bill signed by President Clinton calls for huge amounts of salvage timber to be cut.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation