Items by Erik Ryberg
The writer takes an ironic look at the Thunderbolt timber sale in Idaho, and at Boise Cascade's conviction that only logging can save the endangered chinook salmon.
The rescissions bill signed by President Clinton calls for huge amounts of salvage timber to be cut.
The Forest Service proposes changes in the National Forest Management Act which environmentalists worry will weaken an important law.
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion
- Ruby Ram on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence