Items by Erik Ryberg
The writer takes an ironic look at the Thunderbolt timber sale in Idaho, and at Boise Cascade's conviction that only logging can save the endangered chinook salmon.
The rescissions bill signed by President Clinton calls for huge amounts of salvage timber to be cut.
The Forest Service proposes changes in the National Forest Management Act which environmentalists worry will weaken an important law.
- Shelley Stallings on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Thomas Arvensis on Real reporting for a divided country
- David W Hamilton on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts
- David W Hamilton on Real reporting for a divided country
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists