Items by Eric Barker
A controversial plan to dredge the Snake River west of Lewiston, Idaho, has been stalled by a judge – for now
The National Marine Fisheries Service wants to table for five to 10 years any serious debate on breaching four dams in the Snake River to save salmon.
If all works out, grizzly bears may be reintroduced into the Northern Rockies' Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness Area in as little as a year.
Both sides are surprised when dam-breaching supporters outnumber opponents at public meetings over breaching four Snake River dams to save salmon.
- The Taylors on Photos: A look at the West’s weirdest sports
- Doug Johnson on The West’s ‘new normal’: Another long season of volatile wildfires
- W John Faust on Meet the NASA scientist keeping an eye on California’s drought
- Randy Welch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Jim Simons on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness