Items by Eric Barker
A controversial plan to dredge the Snake River west of Lewiston, Idaho, has been stalled by a judge – for now
The National Marine Fisheries Service wants to table for five to 10 years any serious debate on breaching four dams in the Snake River to save salmon.
If all works out, grizzly bears may be reintroduced into the Northern Rockies' Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness Area in as little as a year.
Both sides are surprised when dam-breaching supporters outnumber opponents at public meetings over breaching four Snake River dams to save salmon.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?