Items by Eric Barker
A controversial plan to dredge the Snake River west of Lewiston, Idaho, has been stalled by a judge – for now
The National Marine Fisheries Service wants to table for five to 10 years any serious debate on breaching four dams in the Snake River to save salmon.
If all works out, grizzly bears may be reintroduced into the Northern Rockies' Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness Area in as little as a year.
Both sides are surprised when dam-breaching supporters outnumber opponents at public meetings over breaching four Snake River dams to save salmon.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution