Items by Eric Barker
A controversial plan to dredge the Snake River west of Lewiston, Idaho, has been stalled by a judge – for now
The National Marine Fisheries Service wants to table for five to 10 years any serious debate on breaching four dams in the Snake River to save salmon.
If all works out, grizzly bears may be reintroduced into the Northern Rockies' Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness Area in as little as a year.
Both sides are surprised when dam-breaching supporters outnumber opponents at public meetings over breaching four Snake River dams to save salmon.
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail
- Candy Odiorne on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Laurinda Reinhart on New Mexican farmers struggle to stay on the land