Items by Emily Green
The feds aim to save threatened tortoises by moving them out of the path of development, but no one knows if the strategy really works.
Environmentalists and fishermen have panned past versions of Gov. Jerry Brown's new proposal for water export tunnels, but it might actually help endangered fish.
When Camron Stone realized that an oak forest was about to be bulldozed by the Los Angeles County Flood Control District, he started fighting back.
- Nancie McCormish on EPA freezes grants, contracts
- Grant Medlin on House Republicans want to ‘repeal and replace’ the ESA
- Kate Schimel on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Gretchen King on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Joe Cosentino on EPA freezes grants, contracts