Items by Emily Green
The feds aim to save threatened tortoises by moving them out of the path of development, but no one knows if the strategy really works.
Environmentalists and fishermen have panned past versions of Gov. Jerry Brown's new proposal for water export tunnels, but it might actually help endangered fish.
When Camron Stone realized that an oak forest was about to be bulldozed by the Los Angeles County Flood Control District, he started fighting back.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane