Items by Ed And Betsy Marston
Springtime; HCN Albuquerque potluck; BLM conference in Las Vegas; Paonia's Easter eggs; Nicholas DeVore III visits from Bisbee, Arizona.
Robert Amon is legally untangled; HCN's new development associate, Michelle Anton Allen; corrections, congratulations, visitors, lost writers; and Paonia's coal mine controversy.
Rearranging a crowded office; springtime visitors; Michelle Nijhuis stays, Peter Chilson leaves; working assets grant applied for.
Congratulations to Greg Hanscom and Tara Thomas and others; newsletters galore; mailing list policy.
Plaudits for Frank and Deborah Popper; visitors, corrections, and Rob Pudim's "consensus cartoon" comes home.
HCN board meeting in Driggs, Idaho; Writers on the Range at HCN; fall visitors; research fund drive; correction.
Navajo football broadcast, George Nethercutt not a good listener, fish visitors comment, Wanaleiya resort in Nevada, Iowa romance, cold weather in the Dakotas, big and little DIAs.
Larry Tuttle ends 1,872-mile walk; Karl Hess Jr. visits; other visitors; advertising; name confusion.
HCN anniversary in Lander, Rick and Heather Knight present award to HCN, new interns Heather Abel and Warren Cornwall.
- Phaedra Greenwood on Can Aldo Leopold’s land ethic tackle our toughest problems?
- Mary Doherty on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Dale Lockwood on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Joe F Whelan on Charles Bowden’s Fury
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’