Items by Duncan Adams
A transplant to Montana is piqued by the fuss made over who is a newcomer and who is a native in the West.
A coalition of sportsmen, ranchers and environmentalists called Montanans for Clean Water puts an initiative on the fall ballot designed to toughen the state's water laws.
The deaths of 342 migrating snow geese in Montana's Berkeley Pit are blamed on the pit's toxicity by environmentalists, although the mine disputes it.
An innovative Fish and Wildlife program called Partners for Wildlife faces dismantling, despite the success it has shown in working cooperatively with ranchers and landowners along Montana's Blackfoot River.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation