Items by Duncan Adams
A transplant to Montana is piqued by the fuss made over who is a newcomer and who is a native in the West.
A coalition of sportsmen, ranchers and environmentalists called Montanans for Clean Water puts an initiative on the fall ballot designed to toughen the state's water laws.
The deaths of 342 migrating snow geese in Montana's Berkeley Pit are blamed on the pit's toxicity by environmentalists, although the mine disputes it.
An innovative Fish and Wildlife program called Partners for Wildlife faces dismantling, despite the success it has shown in working cooperatively with ranchers and landowners along Montana's Blackfoot River.
- nancy watson on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Rich Fairbanks on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Tsoi Tawodi on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- W John Faust on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches