Items by Duncan Adams
A transplant to Montana is piqued by the fuss made over who is a newcomer and who is a native in the West.
A coalition of sportsmen, ranchers and environmentalists called Montanans for Clean Water puts an initiative on the fall ballot designed to toughen the state's water laws.
The deaths of 342 migrating snow geese in Montana's Berkeley Pit are blamed on the pit's toxicity by environmentalists, although the mine disputes it.
An innovative Fish and Wildlife program called Partners for Wildlife faces dismantling, despite the success it has shown in working cooperatively with ranchers and landowners along Montana's Blackfoot River.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked