Items by Duncan Adams
A transplant to Montana is piqued by the fuss made over who is a newcomer and who is a native in the West.
A coalition of sportsmen, ranchers and environmentalists called Montanans for Clean Water puts an initiative on the fall ballot designed to toughen the state's water laws.
The deaths of 342 migrating snow geese in Montana's Berkeley Pit are blamed on the pit's toxicity by environmentalists, although the mine disputes it.
An innovative Fish and Wildlife program called Partners for Wildlife faces dismantling, despite the success it has shown in working cooperatively with ranchers and landowners along Montana's Blackfoot River.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust