Items by Diane Kelly
A June voluntary climbing ban at Devils Tower may ease conflicts between rock climbers and Native Americans who use the site for religious ceremonies.
The owners of the Mantle Ranch in Colorado's Moffat County are threatening to begin massive development of their two inholdings inside Dinosaur National Monument.
"Getting the Word Out in the Fight to Save the Earth" by Richard Beamish and "Let the World Know: Make Your Cause News" by Jason Salzman are reviewed.
The privately owned Grizzly Discovery Center in West Yellowstone, Mont., buys a 10-member wolf pack for tourists to see.
A bill introduced by Rep. Jim Hansen of Utah could allow roads to be bulldozed across national parks and wilderness areas.
Greens spend little time in sports, Shirley MacLaine bucks karma, Utah Rep. Jim Hansen turns chicken, Lake Powell is full of s--, blimps over Grand Canyon, former Idaho Sen. James McClure lobbies for ESA, SUWA accused of overreacting, Navajos' blue jeans
Emery County, Utah, hires art restorers to remove graffiti from prehistoric rock art in Buckhorn Wash.
"The Four-Cornered Falcon: Essays on the Interior West and the Natural Scene" by Reg Saner is reviewed.
Four Northwest Indian tribes will be compensated with new fishing areas along the Columbia to replace tribal fishing ground flooded by a dam 50 years ago.
Five swimmers follow the outward migration route of young salmon through the Snake and Salmon rivers to call attention to the endangered fish.
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Daniel Metzger on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Kelly Cooper on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Charles Finn on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point