Items by Devin Odell
For 20 years, David Bertelsen has been in love with the same five-mile trail up Finger Rock Canyon north of Tucson, keeping track of its animal and plant life and watching out for the well-being of a fragile landscape.
To help coal survive as the nation's number one source of electricity, the federal government subsidizes a wide range of clean-coal research programs.
The taxpayers of Utah have decided to enter one of the most demanding and expensive international competitions -- the contest to host the winter Olympic Games.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?