Items by Devin Odell
For 20 years, David Bertelsen has been in love with the same five-mile trail up Finger Rock Canyon north of Tucson, keeping track of its animal and plant life and watching out for the well-being of a fragile landscape.
To help coal survive as the nation's number one source of electricity, the federal government subsidizes a wide range of clean-coal research programs.
The taxpayers of Utah have decided to enter one of the most demanding and expensive international competitions -- the contest to host the winter Olympic Games.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought