Items by Devin Odell
For 20 years, David Bertelsen has been in love with the same five-mile trail up Finger Rock Canyon north of Tucson, keeping track of its animal and plant life and watching out for the well-being of a fragile landscape.
To help coal survive as the nation's number one source of electricity, the federal government subsidizes a wide range of clean-coal research programs.
The taxpayers of Utah have decided to enter one of the most demanding and expensive international competitions -- the contest to host the winter Olympic Games.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators