Items by Devin Odell
For 20 years, David Bertelsen has been in love with the same five-mile trail up Finger Rock Canyon north of Tucson, keeping track of its animal and plant life and watching out for the well-being of a fragile landscape.
To help coal survive as the nation's number one source of electricity, the federal government subsidizes a wide range of clean-coal research programs.
The taxpayers of Utah have decided to enter one of the most demanding and expensive international competitions -- the contest to host the winter Olympic Games.
- Ingeburg Nagel on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Fred Swanson on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?