Items by Dave Wortman
Overwhelmed by development in this bedroom community near Seattle, the town of Snoqualmie finds an ally in the Evergreen Forest Trust, which has purchased a huge tree farm that will enable logging to continue, and block sprawl.
Critics say that Washington's Growth Management Act failed to do its job in protecting small towns like Roslyn, which will soon see its population quintupled by the development of the MountainStar Resort.
"The Chinook Book" directs Northwestern consumers to make use of the region's salmon-friendly restaurants, recreation, food and household products.
Sumas, Wash., residents stopped permit approval of a proposed gas-fired power plant their city council had welcomed, but National Energy Service Co. will refile, addressing environmental concerns, and this time it may go through.
- Ingeburg Nagel on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Fred Swanson on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?