Items by Dave Skinner
Dave Skinner wants Yellowstone to get a handle on its “toxic bison” before they infect more elk with brucellosis, which can then get passed on to cattle.
Dave Skinner says give Western governors -- and local people -- more power to determine what should be roadless on our national forests.
Off-road vehicle users need to be responsible, but at the same time they should fight against any restrictions to backcountry riding
The writer says ATVs belong in the backcountry, and we should all help riders fight for their rights
Dave Skinner says the Bush administration has the right to reject "fake" wilderness and dispose of the issue its way.
The author defends Yellowstone’s snowmobiles as a boon to local economies and the recreational choice of ordinary Americans.
In his own words, Dave Skinner argues that environmentalists exaggerate the threat from mining and that the industry is making good changes.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands